Road sweepers are a regular sight on many public roads. They keep roads clean and safe for both traffic and pedestrians. RJC Plant Services provide daily road sweeping services across Yorkshire. Whether for building sites, public roads, car parks or business premises, the team ensure the roads are cleared of any obstruction and unsafe materials.
Considerations for road sweeper hire
If you think you might require a road sweeper, here are a few things to consider:
- Purpose: It’s important to consider the purpose of the road sweeper hire. Will it be used for general cleaning, or is it needed for a specific task? This will help determine the type of road sweeper that is most suitable for the job.
- Size: The size of the road sweeper should be appropriate for the area that needs to be cleaned. A larger road sweeper will be able to cover more ground in a shorter amount of time. However it may not be necessary if the area to be cleaned is small. All our road sweepers are 15-18 tonne and carry 1200 litres of water.
- Accessibility: The road sweeper should be able to access the area that needs to be cleaned. This includes considering the size of the vehicle, width and height of any entrances or passageways.
- Operating instructions: It’s important to make sure that the operator of the road sweeper is familiar with the machine and knows how to operate it safely. This may require training or the provision of operating instructions. All RJC operators are fully insured, trained and certified drivers.
- Maintenance: It’s important to ensure that the road sweeper is well-maintained and in good working order to operate effectively and efficiently. This will involve regular maintenance checks and repairs as needed. Here at RJC we have our own in house mechanical team who regularly check the vehicles to ensure they are safe and looked after.
RJC Road Sweeping Fleet
The road sweepers we use are Scania Euro6 models. We have recently upgraded our fleet and have 12 sweepers hired out on a daily basis across Yorkshire that provide services to commercial, council and private clients.
Council Road Sweeping Support
We support a number of councils with their road sweeping provision, providing sweepers on a daily basis alongside ad-hoc additional support. We have been working with Leeds City Council for a number of years supportiing their team with road sweeping, grab hire and muckaway services.
For availability and a quote for road sweeping services, please do get in touch with the team.