Did you know, all waste collection providers must have a waste transfer license to legally remove waste from your property or land?
This includes fly-tipping, ground works, aggregates, household waste and doesn’t matter how much or how little.
By asking someone else to remove the waste, the onus is on you to ensure this is done by a reputable company that will collect and dispose of the waste legally.
Fines for illegal waste collection can be as much as max 12 months in prison & unlimited fine.
Here at RJC we take pride in ensuring we have all the correct licenses, certification, permits and training required to ensure we can collect any waste legally and safely. We follow the Waste duty code of practice and provide all our clients with a receipt on delivery including all our registered details.
To avoid paying any fines when it comes to your waste removal, make sure you:
- Ask for the waste collector to show their waste transfer notice
- Check if your waste carrier is registered to dispose of waste
- Check your receipt displays full company name, address and waste carrier reg no
If you have the unfortunate experience of having rubbish fly-tipped on your property, you need to contact the Environment Agency if the waste is:
- More than 20 tonnes (about 20 cubic metres)
- More than 5 cubic metres of fibrous asbestos or 75 litres of potentially hazardous waste in drums or containers possibly linked to criminal business activity or organised crime
It’s also important to ensure you follow the guidance on the removal of hazardous waste as that does have it’s own legal requirements.
What is business waste?
On the government website, it explains that:
“Any waste that comes from a commercial activity is business waste. If you use part of your home to run your business then any waste from that part is business waste.”
Business waste also includes any waste that comes from:
If you have any questions on waste collection, or would like further details on the certification required for waste carriers, please get in touch as firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07824 426776 / 07710 473526